Friday, June 8, 2012

Jada Pinkett Smith and Breastfeeding

Jada just became my favorite breastfeeding celebrity.  Not a fan of the kids music but hey, its all good.  Recently she was quoted as saying this about nursing: 


“When I’m with my kids I’m creating but I’m still a mom. I don’t wear two different hats. My kids have always been on the set with me. I was breastfeeding on set. None of my kids would take a bottle so they could not leave my side for a very long time.”


Sounds a little like her own very version of what some are calling "attachment parenting" to me.  I love it.  


And back when she was pregnant with Willow she was also outspoken about nursing.  When asked how long she nursed Jaden she said this: 


"A good 18 months. That baby never even saw a bottle. He went everywhere with me — premieres, award shows. I would just find a back room and hook him up."






Yes it would have been nice if she didn't have to find a "back room" and promoted nursing in public but hey, I'm still impresed!  Not only is she a beautiful black woman with a great career and powerhouse family, she nursed into toddlerhood and was able to manage career and motherhood with exclusive breastfeeding.  Go head mama!  I'm a fan!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...