Sunday, July 8, 2012

Tropical Traditions Coconut Oil

It's summertime and for me, this is when I spend the most time in the kitchen either cooking or making DIY hair care products.  What's great about coconut oil is it can serve as both a cooking ingredient, hair care product, or skin conditioner!


I love using coconut oil in the morning for pancakes.  When I'm making my traditional pancakes with eggs and milk, I use Tropical Traditions Coconut Oil to grease the skillet instead of butter.  It's a lot healthier and the pancakes do not burn as fast as they do with butter.  The coconut oil also adds a nice sweet kick to the pancakes flavor too.  I also use it to replace vegetable in most baking recipes for cookies and cakes. 

Sometimes when I'm out of eggs, or just want to try something different, I will make eggless pancakes with this (loose, measure to taste) recipe:

Flour
Coconut Milk
Coconut Oil
Mashed Banana

Mix together, place in skillet with coconut oil, fry and flip :-)



I also just like to take some coconut oil and put it on my hair.  When it's hot outside I will mix some coconut oil in one of those travel size 1oz bottles and add water for a wonderful moisturizing spray. You can also use coconut oil instead of lotion for an after shower moisturizer for both babies and adults.


I love the many things I can do with coconut oil, and I love Tropical Traditions Coconut Oil because it's organic and high quality.  

Disclaimer: Tropical Traditions provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose.  Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review in return for the free product. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...