Friday, August 19, 2011

I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream for Breastmilk Ice Cream

We made it! 1 year of nursing, pumping, hand expressing, bottle feeding breastmilk, teaching family how to thaw out and handle breastmilk, figuring out how to nurse in public, learning how to nurse in public without a cover, dealing questions, comments, weird looks, etc. We made it! And honey, we ain't dont yet!

To celebrate, I wanted to do something special, so I decided to use some pumped breastmilk and make some ice cream!


I used 100% organic ingredients

7oz of organic breastmilk :-)
1 tablespoon of raw sugar
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla







I added the sugar and vanilla to a bottle of cold breastmilk and shook it up to mix the ingredients, then I added it to the frozen bowl of the ice cream maker.



I then tured the ice cream maker on and let it churn for about 10 minutes, and well it didn't quite look like "ice cream"  so I put it in the freezer and later on gave a little to my little one.  Of course she loved it!  The consistency was just that of frozen breastmilk. I would like to get better at making ice cream, so if any breastfeeding mamas out there have had success and want to share tips please do :-) Either way my little one enjoyed this treat as a celebration of a year of breastfeeding!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...