Sunday, August 26, 2012

Hennessey's Grill and the Breast Pump

I came across this story and felt so bad for this young mother.  I don't understand why the manager would think there would be milk spraying all over his office.  I used to pump in my supervisors office all the time and he was very gracious and respectful about giving me that space.  Unfortunately not every mother has that luxury.



I am sad to look at the map they briefly show in the news story, that does not show 100% of states requiring employers to provide a space for a mother to pump.  I never had to mention any laws to my employer because everyone was just accommodating.  Yet even with a workplace that supported breastfeeding I was barley getting by with my milk supply.    I can't imagine what it would be like if I had to struggle like this mother.  More power to her and I pray this ends on a better note.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...