Sunday, June 5, 2011

Motherlove Nipple Cream

I though that I would be all done with nipple cream after a few months.  I used it initially when my baby was a few weeks old after each feeding to sooth my sore nipples but eventually I didn't need it.  However when I returned to work when my baby was almost 6 months, I began to find another use for nipple cream: the pump!  

Since I pump 3-5 times a day at work and at home M-F, the nipple cream comes in handy.  Some pumping mothers grase the breast shields and that works.  However I like to use the nipple cream to grease my nipples and give a light massage to my breast right before pumping.  I also use the nipple cream to pull out my nipples so I can properly position them in the breast shield. 

I have used a couple of different brands but one that I want to recommend here is Motherlove's nipple cream.


It glides on very smoothly and feels great on the nipples.  It is ORGANIC!  Isn't that great since it's touching the skin, that touches your milk, that goes into your child's body?  This nipple cream works very well to keep my nipples from feeling the tugging of the pump and it is also safe for babies to nurse right after applying.  

Reading the ingredients reminds me of a Bryer's ice cream commercial, you know just milk, cream, and sugar :-)  Well there are no fancy chemicals that you don't understand here.  The ingredients in this nipple cream are simply: extra virgin olive oil, beeswax, shea butter, marshmallow root and calendula.  Try out Motherlove's nipple cream, I love it and I am sure you will too.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...